Greetings Fringe Festival Supporter!
WE ARE THRILLED THAT YOU’RE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING FOR THE ASHEVILLE FRINGE ARTS FESTIVAL.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE FRINGE FORCE?
WHY YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER:
With the Asheville Fringe Arts Festival (AFAF), we love our volunteer community and want to make sure we balance the karma scales by giving back to you. All of the Fringe staff are volunteers, including our Artistic Directors! So we understand and highly value the craziness of people who like to volunteer for the arts!
As an AFAF Volunteer, you will receive:
• A Volunteer badge giving you access to the festival, and showing the world how crazy you are.
• One free ticket to the show you are supporting.
• Access to all of AFAF’s fabulous after-parties during the festival.
• The chance to become a part of a diverse, hilarious, artistic, and welcoming community of Fringe-goers.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
By volunteering for the festival, you will get a chance to stretch whatever fantastic skills you are bringing to the table AND learn some new ones. There are many ways to volunteer, including:
• Working at a box office during the festival.
• Coordinating the Fringe Central Main Box Office.
• Taking tickets and acting as a runner for our numerous venues.
• Putting up posters and helping promote the festival.
• Overseeing the Random Acts of Fringe and assisting with outdoor spectacles.
• And there are still many other glorious ways to participate!
We also need folks to help us during the month of January by promoting the festival & distributing guides. You can join this Street Team to get your Fringe fix in advance of the festival! Or if you’ve got savvy sponsor relations skills, we are always looking for volunteers to help us identify and bring on sponsors in the fall.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
We ask that all festival volunteers (past, present, and future) contact Jocelyn Reese at email@example.com to let the Fringe know of your interests. Be sure to leave good contact info in your email and let us know your availability and what you are interested in.